Back at it again with the beauty post, ayyy. Today I've decided to chat about The Ordinary Serum and coverage foundation's, their differences and if I think they're any good. The only thing I'd tried out from The Ordinary before, was their Hyaluronic Acid Serum, which I really liked, so I had high hopes for both their foundations.
Let's start off with the serum foundation shall we? This is the lighter coverage out of the two, and has a very watery consistency, as the name would suggest. I've tried applying this with both a beauty blender and foundation brush, and I found the two give very different results. When using the beauty blender, this gives a super light/sheer coverage, so if you were looking for that then I'd recommend using a beauty blender to apply it. However, if you prefer a light/medium coverage for your foundation, then I'd recommend blending it out with a foundation brush. This definitely gives you the chance to build up the foundation more, to give a medium coverage. As for how it sits throughout the day...well pretty damn well. Its still very much on my face by the end of the day, which I was quite pleased to see, considering its literally £5!
Onto the coverage foundation. I think this is probably my favourite of the two, but thats because I prefer a lil bit more coverage because of my troublesome skin. Again, I've applied this with both a beauty blender and foundation brush and the results vary. With a beauty blender you get a medium/full coverage, but with a foundation brush it really is proper full coverage. If I'm going out in the evening or prefer a higher coverage, I'll definitely go with the foundation brush option. But for every day wear, applying with a beauty blender is perfect.
Overall, I'm pretty impressed with both of these - especially for the price. Although if I were to purchase them again, I'd certainly get a lighter colour as the lady in the shop definitely colour matched me wrong. But I'm hoping these will look a bit better in the summer months when I have a bit of a tan.
Have you ever tried The Ordinary foundations?
- Lucy
Onto the coverage foundation. I think this is probably my favourite of the two, but thats because I prefer a lil bit more coverage because of my troublesome skin. Again, I've applied this with both a beauty blender and foundation brush and the results vary. With a beauty blender you get a medium/full coverage, but with a foundation brush it really is proper full coverage. If I'm going out in the evening or prefer a higher coverage, I'll definitely go with the foundation brush option. But for every day wear, applying with a beauty blender is perfect.
Overall, I'm pretty impressed with both of these - especially for the price. Although if I were to purchase them again, I'd certainly get a lighter colour as the lady in the shop definitely colour matched me wrong. But I'm hoping these will look a bit better in the summer months when I have a bit of a tan.
Have you ever tried The Ordinary foundations?
- Lucy
